GlobalProtect client script options

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect client script options

L2 Linker

I want to create a script or some other option if it is available that will present an icon on the users desk so that they can quickly disable/ enable the GP client without the reason prompt. I had a quick look but I don't see any CLI oprtions available tha I can use in a script. 

Is this possible?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jamesy

For the windows client there is no CLI to script global protect actions. The only nice way is to use the options provided by global protect.

(A not so nice way is to write a little program (that needs hardcoded credentials for an account with administrator permissions). With this little program you could disable the PanGPS service which does kind of the same as diconnect/disable GP with the integrated options)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L7 Applicator

can you not just select "allow" in the Portal/App setting. perhaps you have it set to "Allow with comment".

maybe i have missed your point so please elaborate.... 

Hi Mick,

Thanks for for the response. This is an option and one that was presented to management who requested this, but I guess they want to make it even simpler by having an icon that users can double click.

Hey @Jamesy

If you set your connect method to "on-demand" -  instead of having to disable the app there would literally be a disconnect button 😉 Sounds pretty simple to me!

Hey Luke,

Thanks for this. I am aware of this option and I agree it does seem pretty easy. This has been requested from the top, so I have to make sure I confirm there is no option for a command line that would facilitate a desktop shortcut to quickly diconnect when required.

I haven't seemn anything n teh docs and none while testing in teh CLI on a Windows PC. Am I correct in saying at this point that one does not exist?

Cheers,

Jamesy

Thanks Luke,

I wil ltake a look at these.

Cheers,

Jamesy

Hi @Jamesy

For the windows client there is no CLI to script global protect actions. The only nice way is to use the options provided by global protect.

(A not so nice way is to write a little program (that needs hardcoded credentials for an account with administrator permissions). With this little program you could disable the PanGPS service which does kind of the same as diconnect/disable GP with the integrated options)

L2 Linker
Thanks everyone for the input. It’s pretty clear at this point that there is no way to do it. I will mark this one as answered.

L6 Presenter

You can just use Windows powershell as you can see my article below for how to do such things as I have dscribed this in my latest edit in the Knowledge sharing article:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/knowledge-sharing-globalprotect-troubleshooting-...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!