GlobalProtect Client Startup Windows 10

Announcements

Changes to the LIVEcommunity experience are coming soon... Here's what you need to know.

Kamrul.Hasan
L0 Member

I dont know why the link is not accessible. It is really annoying that Palo Alto Live community sharing a link but it is not working. 

Kamrul.Hasan
L0 Member

Hi Mshattock,

I completely agree with you that its a bug. I have already spent 15 days with Palo Alto tech support to resolve Pre-Logon then On-demand but unfortunately tech support is still unable to resolve the issue. Even in my case I am losing confidence on Palo Alot tech support. Configuration in the "App configuration" tab is telling one thing but practically it is doing another thing. 

If I choose on-demand but GP Login prompt is coming up then what is the purpose of keeping On-Demand option in "App configuration" tab. This is completely unacceptable. 

fgraziosip4
L0 Member

Agree, I do not have priv to view the article but I am logged in.

Go figure. Hopefully they will solve soon.

FPDOregon
L0 Member

Hey Palo Alto, please put the article back up! This would be useful for all sorts of reasons.

jdelio
Community Team Member

OK, 

I will try to help out here a little.. 

The article was archived.. for many reasons..  which is why no one is able to access the link. 

Not only that, it was shared many years ago.. 

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause.. but my hands are tied, and cannot re-publish it right now.. 

But, what I can do, is take some of the content, and share it here.. 

In order to stop the GlobalProtect client from loading along with other start up applications when the system boots up:

Windows 10:

On Windows 10, this functionality has moved from System Configuration to Task Manager. Because of that there are 2 ways to get to this. 

1. From Start > Run > msconfig,  then click on "Startup". Notice the link to start Task Manager.

jdelio_0-1617742629662.png

System Config showing you have to open Task Manager .

2. OR You can start Task Manager with "Control + Shift + Esc", or Right Click on an empty area of the Windows Task Bar, and click "Task Manager".  Once there Click on the "Startup" tab. 
  3. Once in the Startup tab, look for "GlobalProtect client.  Right click and then click "Disable". or click once, and select "Disable" at the bottom of the window.
    jdelio_1-1617742629681.png

Task Manager screen showing the options to disable GlobalProtect.

That was essentially what was in the article..

I hope this helps a little..

-joe

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items!

View solution in original post

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!