GlobalProtect Data File will not install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Data File will not install

L2 Linker

Greetings,

I upgraded to PAN-OS 8.1 / GP 4.1 in order to take advantage of the new interface.  This is a new deployment and I didn't want to roll out the old interface to the users.

Everything went smoothly except for HIP/OPSWAT v4.  I followed the instructions...but every time one of my firewalls ( i have three) tries to update the data file I get an error stating that it failed to install.  HIP is essentially broken and apparently this is not a current known issue with 8.1?

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?  Seems weird I cannot do a manual install of this but oh well.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

You could have run 8.0.8 and still use GP 4.1, it's not necessary to run 8.1 for GP 4.1, it's backwards compatible up to PAN-OS 7.1

I don't think it's recommended yet to run 8.1 in production, new releases always tend to have a few issues.

The same goes for GP 4.1... it looks nice, and I'm sure it will be a great client, but it's not just there yet... wait until GP 4.1.2...

I would downgrade the firewall to 8.0.8, and use GP client 4.0.7 for now, despite the interface looks dated, it does not have the problems you describe and it's very stable.

8.1/4.1 so far are very stable and work great.

The only issue I have is that I cannot download the OPSWATv4 data file.

I am not interested in downgrading to get this to work.  I would like the issue resolved.

If anyone out there has seen this with either the OPSWATv3 data file or the v4 data file after the upgrade, please help.

I am still working with support but as this is a new release this may be the first instance with this new bug.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer assistance with this issue.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!