GlobalProtect login disables keyboard shortcuts for software in Adobe cloud

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect login disables keyboard shortcuts for software in Adobe cloud

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have been trying for a number of days to work out why my keyboard shortcuts for Adobe cloud no longer work. It seems Adobe products work fine until I log in to GlobalProtect and after that they fail. 

These are essential for my work and I am desperate for a solution. Would anyone be able to help me please?

Many thanks,

Sam

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I think you will need to dig deeper into the logs.

When you try a shortcut and it fails, what does your traffic, threat, url, data filtering logs show?

It could be that there are AppIDs that are being identified that are not allowing the traffic.

We need more info from you.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

L0 Member

Hey, did you ever find a solution to this? i'm experiencing the same issue

Hi,

It is working now, but I don't know how it got fixed for me. I believe the latest version of Global Protect was installed as a fix. Im sorry I can't help further.

Thanks

Actually, I now have a detailed solution for you:

1. Open Library (NOT alt-Library)
2. Navigate to Preferences
3. Identify com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.settings.plist
4. Copy to Desktop
5. Open With TextEdit
6. Enter new key string at end of existing key strings
<key>default-browser</key>
<string>yes</string>
7. Save
8. Copy .plist back into Preferences, replace existing and authenticate
6. Disconnect Global Protect and reconnect
7. If that doesn't fix it straightaway, then reboot
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!