GlobalProtect login window pop-up frequently

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect login window pop-up frequently

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

Globlal protect login window pop-up frequently after  entering credentials.  i am using GP version 3.0.3-7.

Is anyone have faced similar kind of issue?

10 REPLIES 10

L2 Linker

What Pan-OS are you running?

- Peter

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

As in it wants you to reauthenticate or is it just showing back up again? 

Hi,

Please find the details,

Model PA-3020 

Software Version 7.0.8 

GlobalProtect Agent 3.0.3 

yes, it is ask for reauthenticate .

Youll probably want to enable debug to get the most info but look in the following logs for any issues

appweb3-sslvpn.log- Mail log file

pan_packet_diag.log- Initial SSL request

authd.log- Auth issues for GP logins

rasmgr.log- client login/logout events

The most useful for yourself is likely going to be authd.log and rasmgr.log, but I would go through all of them and see if any issues pop up. Detailed logging on the client end may give you some good information as well. 

I might have listed a bum log, I can't locate the pan_packet_diag log file on my 3020. All others are mp-log 

I was facing this behavior and I'm not sure why it went away, but it may have been due to the following actions I took.

1. task-bar -> GP icon -> show panel

2. re-enter username and password on the GP panel home tab

3. click connect

i recently had to change my Windows domain password, and perhaps GP failed to update/sync credentials that go to the portal vs. the gateway... 

in any event I haven't seen any GP login windows pop up since I took the actions listed above. 

L3 Networker

If you have recently changed password, I would suggest you to try one of the following steps.

1. Re-enter username/password in GP panel.

2. Log out of PC and log back into the PC and see if the issue goes away.

i have tried above options but it is still same.

L0 Member

Version 6.2.0-89 still displays annoying pop-ups that cover the active application window without permission. This is a highly unprofessional implementation of the re-authentication functionality. Please fix that ASAP.

• 10 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!