Globalprotect-Need LDAP and RADIUS auth(MFA)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Globalprotect-Need LDAP and RADIUS auth(MFA)

L4 Transporter

I am currently using Digipass Vasco OTP as RADIUS for Globalprotect. Users just put in their LDAP username and the OTP to login.

I'm looking to add another factor i.e LDAP username and password before they get prompted for RADIUS token. Pls help me configure this.

thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Hi SThatipelly,

Seeking clarification here: You'd like for users to authenticate using LDAP UN/PWD after which an OTP token needs to be triggered using RADIUS Server. Is that correct?

Regards,

Varun

@vathreya yes, that's right.

Hi,

Is there any reason why you are using two different auth protocols? Would you open to sending un/pwd to RADIUS server and triggering an OTP from RADIUS?

Regards,

Varun

@vathreya I don't think RADIUS server can do that. isn't that more of a MFA vendor like DUO feature? 
If portal cannot enforce 2 auths, I'm wondering if I can set the portal authentication to AD and use the same  username and prompt for RADIUS password for gateway?

Hi,

Please go through the documentation on setting up RADIUS + OTP here: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/9-0/globalprotect-admin/authentication/set-up-two-fa...

Regards,

Varun

@vathreya Thanks but the article talks about having 2 OTPs. Can I replace the portal auth with LDAP and save the username and have RADIUS token on gateway?

You can also reduce the frequency in which users are prompted for OTPs by configuring an authentication override. This enables the portals and gateways to generate and accept a secure encrypted cookie to authenticate the user for a specified amount of time. The portals and/or gateways do not require a new OTP until the cookie expires, thus reducing the number of times users must provide an OTP.

I configured the portal to use LDAP authentication and set "remember username". Configured gateway to use RADIUS authentication thus satisfying MFA requirement. but I'm running into an issue where GP is not prompting the user for portal authentication after the user logout and retries in some time. He is just being prompted for gateway authentication. How can I resolve this?

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!