GlobalProtect on new MAC pc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect on new MAC pc

L4 Transporter

Hello,

We have installed the Global Protect software (version 4.0.5-8) on a new MAC computer (High Sierra version 10.13.3). However the Connect button is greyed out along with a number of other buttons. The only available buttons are Show Panel / About / Help / Welcome Page / Notifications and Collect Logs.

If I open the panel it has the correct details for our portal but the user is unable to connect. There are no other users having this issue with either their PC or MAC computers.

Anyone faced this issue? Any idea where to start looking into?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Farzana,

I can tell you that the latest version of GP (4.0.6-7) is working fine on my Mac running 10.13.2. I can update my Mac yet tonight and provide an update for you tomorrow. I would start with a fresh install however, that will usually clear up a lot of GPs issues on Mac as long as you remember to properly delete all GP files. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Farzana,

So I upgraded my Macbook Pro and on the latest GP it's working as it should. Granted I'm not running 4.0.5-8 specifically, I wouldn't expect any major differences since 4.0.6-7 was a very minor upgrade. I would simply try to reinstall the GP client on the Mac and see if things don't start working for you again. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!