GlobalProtect on PoP_OS!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect on PoP_OS!

L1 Bithead

The checking for which type of Linux distro done ./install.sh script is too narrow.  The script checks for *Ubuntu* (proper case) but some Ubuntu-based Distros (especially PoP_OS! from System 76) uses lower case "ubuntu" in the ID_LIKE variable.  Therefore, the needed dependencies for Debian/Ubuntu aren't run (the "yum"--wrong--ones are run).

I suggest this be addressed in the next version of GP.

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@wsmith,

I would open up a feature request with your SE so that this suggestion gets added into the internal system for feature enhancements/requests. PAN at the moment has very specific OS requirements when it comes to Linux, and while you can modify the installer to function on unsupported distros it's really not recommended or supported at all. 

L1 Bithead

Using the .deb's I was able to install the client and UI on Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS.  HiDPI support on the UI is not broken, but that is what I expect from everything these days.

Dr. Hodes,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I got the GUI working--I changed the
script install file just slightly to alter the equivalence test to
determine which OD the script is being run on.

One more question.  My login password has changed since the
installation.  However, globalprotect on Linux sends the old password to
the server before it tries to log in, therefore the login fails because
the server has a new password.  globalprotect on Windows and MacOS don't
do that; they both ask me for the new password before trying to log in.

How do I go about changing the password (the username is the same) or if
that isn't possible, using the CLI client or simply editing a file, on
the GUI globalprotect on Linux?  My institution forces password changes
every six months.

Thanks,

Wayne

In the GUI you can get into the settings and Logout, which will reprompt you for Username+password.

Dr. Hodes,

Thanks for your assistance in trying to help me reset my Log-in
password.  In Settings, I don't see a "Logout" selection.  I only see
General, Connections, Host Profile, Troubleshooting, and Notifications
selections.

If it helps, this is two-factor authentication environment. Again,
resetting the log-in password under Windows or MacOS (again, two factor
auth.) works fine.

Wayne

L1 Bithead

The UI is similar across all three platforms from what I can tell.  Settings -> General, at the top there should be Account with a Sign Out on the right, this is above the Portals list.

• 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!