GlobalProtect protect client upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect protect client upgrade

L4 Transporter

Well if you saw my last post I have upgrade my PA 5050 from 7.0.12 to 7.1.9 and had a few issues with an Any vs and any in my VPN.

I am now needing to upgrade my global protect client. Currently I am on 2.2.0 and not sure what the best version is to upgrade and what version I can directly upgrade too.

My plan it to use a test portal and gateway, upgrade to a new version and the then see how it all works. After that upgrade the rest of the clients

In previous version you could set individual portals to not allow them to upgrade is that still possbile in version 7.1.9? That way the only my test VPN would upgrade and I could test.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to tresolve my cert issue by putting the FQDN name/cert name on the portal configuration under the agent/gateway tab instead of the IP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Please try this and see if it works.

Download the desired GP version on your test PC from PA-software updates page.

I have been using 3.1.6 and didnt find any issues(I should say I dont have complex environment/configuration). You can still connect to your existing Portal and GW with out disturbing any users. 

However keep in mind that everytime you authenticate, a popup shows up saying an older version exists. Do you want to upgrade.? Just simply say no.

@SuryaR

I tried that and it gave me a cert error

Understood. 

IGW's are easy and Yes, you can create multiple portals and try to restrict "test-config" access only to a test account/user. 

EGW's, would suggest to stand up a seperate GW/tunnel intf. just for testing, as routing will be affected if you try to use the same GW. 

GP-1.JPG

I was able to tresolve my cert issue by putting the FQDN name/cert name on the portal configuration under the agent/gateway tab instead of the IP

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!