Globalprotect, unable to connect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Globalprotect, unable to connect

L2 Linker

Hi, I am not a techy person but I have to install Globalprotect in order to work from home, the error I'm getting is: Connection failed: No network connectivity. Please verify your network connection and try again.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Please HELP. 

26 REPLIES 26

Ok so I did access it on a browser and working just fine

so i would retype the address in the GP client.  make sure it is exact.   copy from your browser address bar (without https://)  and paste into GP.

It's not working, I copied the exact thing w/o the https, I'm still getting the error, connection failed no network connectivity. Please verify your network connection and try again. 

in your start menu, type services.

click on services and look for one called PANgps

right click and select restart.

then try to connect again.

if that is no good then perhaps uninstall and re-install.

you could also go to the settings in GP and select the troubleshooting tab.  then select collect logs.  when blue bar is full...  select "open folder"

within the globalprotect  folder you are looking for a file called pangps.

double click on the file, drop down to the last time you tried to connect and see if anything obvious, or post some of the errors.

I did the PANGs restart, that didn't work either 

As for the troubleshooting logs, there's a long list, I'm not sure what should look at 

start at the top and do a search for part of your portal address,   in notepad,, edit find    potal.address

when you see a line with your address then just look below it to look for obvious errors.

May I ask tho, what is the main cause of this issue I'm having? Is there a problem with the laptop? 

well if others are working ok then i would have thought it was either the laptop on the GP installation.

if you post the address then I can test it.  i cant login but i can test that the address is correct.  when you have posted it, go back to edit your post and delete it, then only i will get it by email.

If you cant do this then not sure what else i can offer.

It's okay, I appreciate all your help. Tahnks so much! 

I had this problem - network is there but GP won't connect. Only way I could fix it was to install using local Administrator account on windows. Even though my user was an admin, I could not get it to work even with uninstall reinstall. After admin install log back in as user and supply credentials. 

Seems like a local security issue, but have not found the fix. This workaround is ok but not good in user support situations

More on this.

Where this is an issue is because we don’t give local administrator account access to users. So the admininstrator login doesn’t work for remote support. 

This workaround seems to solve the problem for the impacted remote user:

• Uninstall the 5.1 client
  • Reactivate or otherwise deploy the 4.1 client and install - this does not have the dependency on local admin to set portal and credentials.
  • Re-activate the 5.1 client and allow it to auto-update when the user logs on to the firewall

The client is now open for the user to login and set the credentials.

Some questions still being researched:

• Only Domain users?
  • Can another domain user log into the “fixed” machine and use their credentials to connect?

As the remote users are isolated mostly this is less a short term issue. As this just started affecting us it seems to be related to recent Win 10 updates. I had this happen on a new install and existing install, both pro and enterprise editions

• 26 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!