GlobalProtect Update failure - from 2.0.0 to any higher version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Update failure - from 2.0.0 to any higher version

Hi everyone,

My current GP Client version is v2.0.2 and we need to update to v4.0.0. Apparently, whenever i tried to download (via Device -> GlobalProtect Client), i always get this error message below, no matter what version of GP Client i try.

GPClientDownloadError.jpg

I checked via CLI to get more details about the failure, but it pretty much gave the same context:

GPClientDownloadErrorCLI2.jpg

I was able to update my WildFire content subsequently, so I am not so sure what could be the issue here.

My current PAN-OS version is 7.0.9 (in which plans are also in place to update this to 8.0 or lower)

Have anyone encountered the same issue? Please share your thoughts and/or how did you resolve this one?

Thank you.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

I've had downloads fail like that before

I always do a  "Check now" before trying the download.

Greg

View solution in original post

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Eugene_Alejandro,

Attempt to check for updates prior to doing the actual download. What is your hardware, and what GP are you actually trying to download? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L2 Linker

I've had downloads fail like that before

I always do a  "Check now" before trying the download.

Greg

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Eugene_Alejandro,

Attempt to check for updates prior to doing the actual download. What is your hardware, and what GP are you actually trying to download? 

thank you @BPry & @gefuchs 

I now have another issue, hoping that you can also help me with it.

Please go to this link where I asked my question.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Learning-Articles/How-to-Allow-a-Single-Facebook-YouTube-or-Twi...

Basically, Video-Streaming in general as a category is blocked in our company and i need to unblock a specific youtube video.

I have already allowed the below URLs in  my Custom URL category and inside my URL Filtering profile, but i cant still allow this single youtube video.

anything else to add on top of these URLs or anything in general that i need to do?

*.youtube.com/crossdomain.xml

*.youtube.com/embed/video_ID

*.youtube.com/get_video_info

*.youtube.com/player_204

*.youtube.com/ptracking

Thank you all.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!