Google meet/ hangout Stun servers aged-out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Google meet/ hangout Stun servers aged-out

L0 Member

We have noticed an issue especially with Google Meet/Hangout when we often get one way audio.

I can see from the traffic logs that Stun servers are showing aged out and the application is stun. However it is using a non standard port 19303

I suspect this is the cause of the issue.

How can I ensure the traffic is correctly identified and allowed though on this non standard port ?

Or is there something else I should look at to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Matt

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MattDaviesVSI,

aged-out is the standard response for stun traffic. We don't allow 19303 outbound and I haven't heard anyone complain about Hangouts or Meet not working, but at the same time I don't have that many people using those services.

You could always create a rule specific to stun on 19303 and allow the app-id stun on the custom service object for 19303. I'd do that as a test machine and see if that fixes the issue though; I'm not certain that you'll see any change in behavior. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!