Google Search

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Google Search

L2 Linker

Hi

Anyone have any tips or tricks around forcing a particular country for Google search? Currently our IP address is misregistered in the Google database and we are being redirected to a foreign location. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

I don't know where precisely Google gets its Geolocation data from, but I would confirm with sites like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see if there's a larger issue in play.

I personally can't come up with a way around this short of contacting your ISP and possibly getting your public IP address changed to more accurately reflect your location.

_maybe_ manipulating your DNS so that you hardcode www.google.com to resolve to another server, but even that seems like a longshot. pretty sure it would still redirect you regardless and will probably cause more trouble than it's worth in the long run.

--
CCNA Security, PCNSE7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!