GP VPN causing slowness

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP VPN causing slowness

L3 Networker

recently pushed out always-on vpn, but one site/office is reporting slowness when connected to it. The office is a managed office, so i have no control over their internal network.

When VPN is disabled they are able to hit 600mb download/upload. As soon as the user enables GP VPN, this cuts down to 20mbps. I have performed a packet capture on the client machine, and cannot see anything untoward - minimal ooo packets are retransmits.

Any thing i can check or change?

EDIT:

This is also happening for users in other locations, i just didnt spot it before as most of them have a slower internet connection. One colleague has 200mb fibre internet, when connected to GP VPN this drops down to 80mb

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

This could be a good candidate for a TAC case. I do know in the past there have been versions of GP that just didnt behave correctly and caused weird behavior. Perhaps see if there is a new client out there and read the release notes? Also what are the speeds of users that pass through the same PAN with and without being on GP? 

Regards,

ive amended the original post with further information as it is not just one office affected. Remote users also seem to be capped. A colleague tested it from home where he has a 200mb fibre connection, once globalprotect is up and running a speedtest shows this drop to 80mb.

We have raised a TAC case

Sorry I couldnt help more. Let us know how it goes.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!