Graph Realtime bandwidth consumed by each application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Graph Realtime bandwidth consumed by each application

L0 Member

Hello,

Is it possible to have a graph with the Realtime bandwidth consumed by each application in VWIRE mode ?

I saw these: http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/QoS.html

but for applications, there is only a chart...

Maybe is there a way to make it with the splunk tools?

Regards,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I figured out my main problem. I was looking at the wrong interface. I'm thinking backwards.

I'd still like to find a way to see a live graph of bandwidth use. I worked around it by monitoring the public interface through my switch port mirror, but that is a bit of a pain.

The other issue I ran into was that the 'Statistics' graph seems to run until the frame is filled, then stop, and I have to close and re-open the statistics window to continue monitoring.

Thanks,

Simon.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hi There,

Yes, you can indeed get to the graph you've seen on our web site.  It is under the QoS settings in the Network Tab.  There is a statistics button there, as per the screen shot below

Screen shot 2010-11-19 at 17.08.10.png

Best Regards

James

James could you go into a little more detail possibly please?

I always think of QOS as being about guaranteeing/reserving bandwidth for particular applications, but the idea of having some sort of real-time graph showing different applications/protocols bandwidth usage sounds pretty useful.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble interpreting the graphs that this produces. Is there a multiplier that I'm not seeing?

I'm trying to check my QoS policies, but the 'bumps' on the statistics graph don't seem to exceed .2Mbps in any particular traffic Class. Either I'm not seeing all the traffic or it's not being classified correctly--or the y-axis is off by one or two orders of magnitude.

Also, Is there a way to track realtime bandwidth for the device or per interface?

Thanks,

Simon.

@sspivey:

The behavior you describe does not sound correct. Could you put a screenshot of your QoS graph into this thread so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Benjamin

I figured out my main problem. I was looking at the wrong interface. I'm thinking backwards.

I'd still like to find a way to see a live graph of bandwidth use. I worked around it by monitoring the public interface through my switch port mirror, but that is a bit of a pain.

The other issue I ran into was that the 'Statistics' graph seems to run until the frame is filled, then stop, and I have to close and re-open the statistics window to continue monitoring.

Thanks,

Simon.

From what I was told by an engineer during a troubleshooting session is that enabling QoS for monitoring purposes slows down the throughput of the firewall.  So I have shied away from using the realtime graph.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!