Guest Network Setup

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Guest Network Setup

Not applicable

Hi - What is the best method to setup a guest L3 network in PanOS?

UntrustA = Corporate

UntrustB= Guest Internet

wDMZ = Wireless DMZ for Guest Internet

trust = Corporate

Requirements =

1. wDMZ needs to get to a few specific IP's on UntrustA.

2. wDMZ needs to get to the Internet via UntrustB.

Initially I was thinking of a second vRouter? OR is policy based forwarding the way to go?

Thank you!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Do you have a NAT policy configured ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi,

If the UntrustB is used to route the Guest traffic to internet then you can use a secondary VR that has wDMZ and UntrustB.

You would need two routes in this VR

> A default route to internet via untrustB for guest users to get to internet

> A static route to get the corporate trust where the next hop would be type VR and value will be the primary VR.

The access from wDMZ to trust can be controlled using security polices than using routes.

Hope that helps.

That is what I had, but Internet was not routing out UntrustB.  DNS was routing fine to trust with policies.

I am not sure if some of my issue is with UntrustB using DHCP for it's IP address.

I had..

Zone wGuest

> UntrustB

> wDMZ

Static Route 0.0.0.0/0 UntrustB

Static Route (trust) x.x.x.x/24 Next - VR (trust)

I also had policy..

wDMZ to UntrustB allow everything.

Thanks for the reply!

L3 Networker

Do you have a NAT policy configured ?

I agree with nat to confirme it

activate log at start sesion on your policy rule which have allow your traffic and

go to traffic log in monitor tab  and check if you see incomplete application.

if yes that mean you send something but with no retourn back to you.

resolv that by source nat policy which change the client ip to the ip of your untrust interface (the ip gave by dhcp)

regards

I had a user error in the NAT Smiley Sad Thanks for your thoughts!  Plus I ended up setting up a PBF rules as well.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!