HA Configuration on PA-3220 - HA1 is UP but HA1 Backup is Down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA Configuration on PA-3220 - HA1 is UP but HA1 Backup is Down

L1 Bithead

I have both PA-3220 HA1-A and HA1-B links connected back to back to each other with a previously verified cable but only HA1 is coming up greeen while HA1 Backup is showing down. The HA1-B interface LEDs on both PA-3220 show green.

Any feedback or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

PassivePassiveHA Setup BHA Setup BHA Setup AHA Setup AActiveActive

21 REPLIES 21

Same problem with upgrade to 9.1.7

Resolved by changing  the ha1-b interface to management and than back again.

Reboot didn't help.

@StellaP 

I configured pair of PA 3220 in HA and running PAN OS 9.1.5 no issues with HA1 and HA1 backup so far.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

problem still persists on 9.1.8

reconfigured and it started to work again

didn't try the reboot, this is faster 🙂

While upgrading PA 3260 from 8.1.15 to 9.1.5 I saw this  issue first time.

Fix was to change HA1-b interface to Management and then back to HA1-b

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

For anyone ending up here first like I did - you need to set the gateway in the HA1 config.  without it, the interface gets marked down.  I just set the gateway to the IP of the HA1 interface of the other side on both sides and it cleared this issue.

L0 Member

I'm running 9.1.13, on a pair of PA-3220s in active/standby directly connected to each other and have the same problem.  HA1 backup is showing down, despite being able to clearly ping the peer in both directions, on all HA ports.  I've swapped out cables, rebooted both, rebooted the passive unit, rebooted the active unit, everything all have tried in this thread.  No luck.  I've got a TAC case open since the 8th of March, Palo support has yet to figure out a solution.

I should've updated this a long time ago.  My issue was human error, there was a typo in the IP address in the backup port. 

• 21 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!