HA for 3250 FW throught VXLAN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA for 3250 FW throught VXLAN

L0 Member

Hi everyone!

I have an interesting case. My topology is:

PA 3250 HA1------> Nexus 9000---------------VXLAN Overlay-------------------- Nexus 9000--------> PA 3250 HA1

vlan 2201                                                                     vlan 2201

vn-segment 102201                                                     vn-segment 102201

int Eth1/31                                                                    int Eth1/31

switchport mode access                                               switchport mode access

swithport access vlan 2201                                          swithport access vlan 2201

I need to install 2 firewalls 3250 on 2 different sites in Active / Standby mode. Between sites we use VXLAN technology.

If I make such a connection through a r L2 segment ( use trunk between sites without VXLAN), everything works fine.

Interfaces HА1 and HSCI see each other, HA works fine.

If I use VXLAN  ( only like transport layer between sites) - then HA does not work.

On a Nexus inteface, where HA1 connected, i see MAC adresses from both sites ( MAC addr HA1 Palo Alto interfaces), but HA1 link  does not work.

For HSCP inerfaces - i don't see mac addresses, I see only part of mac-address of Nexus Interface

If someone had a similar task, please share your experience

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!