HA issues since upgrade to 4.1.8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA issues since upgrade to 4.1.8

L4 Transporter

Hi.

I have two 2020's in a HA configuration.

On software 4.1.7, when I modified configurations etc, the synchronisation worked just fine - every change was automatically synched to the passive node on commit.

Now that I've upgraded to 4.1.8, more than half the time I commit a config change, it does *not* synch to the passive pair, and I have to remember to do it manually.

My physical configuration has not changed - both HA ports are connected via crossover cables, and the links are up - the config just doesn't synch when I commit it.

Anyone else seen this? Is it some bug in 4.1.8? Or is there some tweak to my HA config I need to apply?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

You are hitting a bug on 4.1.8 where the HA configuration sync will not happen automatically and this have to be done manually. Please open a ticket with support so that we can direct you to the fix.

Thanks,

Sandeep T

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Believe this is a known issue with 4.1.8.  You can force a sync with the CLI command "request high-availability sync-to-remote running-config".  This is fixed in 4.1.8-h3.  If you open a case with TAC, they can unlock that version for you. 

You can sync is by using the HA widget from the GUI interface too - which I do - and it works fine. I'll log a case and see how I go.

thanks.

L6 Presenter

You are hitting a bug on 4.1.8 where the HA configuration sync will not happen automatically and this have to be done manually. Please open a ticket with support so that we can direct you to the fix.

Thanks,

Sandeep T

I have just got off the phone doing that. Thanks for the input.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!