HA PORT CONFIGURATION IN 4.1.12?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA PORT CONFIGURATION IN 4.1.12?

L3 Networker

Hello world,

I have done an upgrade of PA2050 cluster in 4.0.9 to 4.1.12. In 4.0.9 the link speed and duplex for HA PORT was forced.

after the uprade in 4.1.12 I lost a lot of packet and when I tried to do a commit I had an error message.

Commit failed because the HA PORT LINK IS NOT AUTO. I have changed the link port to auto and the issue was fixed.

I haven't see any information about this configuration do you know if this is a bug or a next pre-requisites

thks,

ALEX

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi

I found following two addressed issue from 4.1.13 release note.

Does these two sound similar to your issue?

51225—When an interface was configured with hard-coded options, such as setting the duplex to full instead of auto, the interface did not come back up after a reboot. The same interface worked fine after setting it to auto negotiate. This occurred on a PA-2020 firewall and was due to an issue where the interrupts were not being properly cleared on the interfaces.

49986—The link speed and duplex settings for the dedicated HA interface on the firewall were defaulting to auto-negotiate although configured to use a specific speed and duplex value. With this fix, the dedicated HA interfaces now maintain the link speed and duplex settings defined for the interfaces.

Regards,

Emr

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi

I found following two addressed issue from 4.1.13 release note.

Does these two sound similar to your issue?

51225—When an interface was configured with hard-coded options, such as setting the duplex to full instead of auto, the interface did not come back up after a reboot. The same interface worked fine after setting it to auto negotiate. This occurred on a PA-2020 firewall and was due to an issue where the interrupts were not being properly cleared on the interfaces.

49986—The link speed and duplex settings for the dedicated HA interface on the firewall were defaulting to auto-negotiate although configured to use a specific speed and duplex value. With this fix, the dedicated HA interfaces now maintain the link speed and duplex settings defined for the interfaces.

Regards,

Emr

thanks emr for your response.

I thinks that's exactly my problem.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!