HA2 vs two standard licenses

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA2 vs two standard licenses

Not applicable

Hi all,

I have what I hope is a simple question but I cant find the answer searching through the sites.

I have a client who ordered a pair of PA-500 devices to run active passive HA. The order included one but not two required GP Gateway licenses (PAN-PA-500-GP-3YR) and I have now been given the task of setting GP up on the PA cluster for use going forward.

I am trying to get an answer out of our sales team whether the license can be returned but, to save the endless back and forth and internal escalation, can someone please confirm whether there is any difference between the HA2 and standard SKUs for use in this scenario. My understanding is that the HA2 SKUs can only be applied to a cluster but can I have two non HA2 SKU licenses applied without issue?

Thanks,

Matt

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!