Has SNMP changed with 3.1?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Has SNMP changed with 3.1?

L4 Transporter

I pointed our network monitoring software at our PAN under 3.0.x and it detected all the interfaces and let me monitor them.

Now, having upgraded to 3.1.1 I checked today and noticed it's only monitoring the eth interface assigned to the LAN/trusted zone.

I did a rescan and it's seeing all the ports but it doesn't seem to recognize the external/untrust interface as being connected.

Have I missed a step or overlooked something please?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Don't know if this is what your are experiencing but a bug was just discovered that causes SNMP to record an incorrect state for Interface 1/1 in PANOS 3.1.1.  The Fix is scheduled for 3.1.2 and the work around is to avoid 1/1.  If this is or is not your issue, please contact your support provider for troubleshooting.

I've seen a similar problem with 3.1.1 in that all our Interfaces are shifted down one with an Interface of HA1 appearing at the top of the list. So this means that "real" Ethernet1/1 is identified as HA1 and Ethernet 1/3 is being identified as Ethernet 1/2 by my SNMP monitoring software.

Having not monitored the unit when running any other code I don't know if this was the case before. Regardless, it doesn't seem right to me!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!