HELP - Computers with two network adapters

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HELP - Computers with two network adapters

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I have a network with a few computers with two network adapters

NIC1 to the main netwrok 1.1.0.0/16

NIC2 to the backup network 1.2.0.0/16

We are detecting the lost of connection every few minutes.

It's necesary any special configuration to allow this arquitecture?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@m.molina,

Unfortunately that isn't a lot of information to go off of. Strickly speaking, your firewall isn't going to care if your computer has two network adapters because there is no way of the firewall to even know that information. The only thing the firewall is going to see is the traffic. 

The most basic question I guess to answer is the following: 

1) What's actually handing out the IP addresses within your network? Are you using an existing DHCP server, or are you utilizing the DHCP funcunality of your firewall? 

2) I assume that the 'backup' and 'main' networks are two seperate zones on the firewall? 

3) If you do a route print are the routes actually properly setup so that the traffic is going out the proper NIC? 

we are not using any DHCP

Every network is a different zone on the firewall.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!