High CPU on fresh minemeld ansible install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

High CPU on fresh minemeld ansible install

L1 Bithead

Hello, I just installed minemeld on Ubuntu 18.04 (with a few tweaks from here) and the setup was working. But now I have a VM that consumes 2 full CPUs since about 30 minutes. When I try to login to the admin web interface I get after a few seconds the message "error checking credentials - timeout" in the right top corner and nothing happens.

Is this normal? I don´t think so but as I am new to minemeld everything is possible...

Brgds Andreas

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Deas.h,

No this isn't expected behavior at all and it shouldn't be pegging the CPU even only really old hardware. If you log into the server run 'top' and see what is actually consuming the CPU. 

Hello,

no - this is no old hardware...

Those are the two processes that are constantly on top:

minemeld 99.7 2.5 /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/python2.7 /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/gunicorn -w 1 -b 127.0.0.1:5000 --worker-connections 500 --access-logfile - --error-logfile+
minemeld 59.1 0.6 /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/python2.7 /opt/minemeld/engine/current/bin/supervisord -c /opt/minemeld/supervisor/config/supervisord.conf --pidfile /var/run/minemeld+

This is USER, %CPU, %MEM, COMMAND

Brgds Andreas

Not even one reply? 😞

Is there a ova file available to get a working installation?

Brgds Andreas

@Deas.h,

I never saw the update that you had posted, sorry about that. Neither supervisord or gunicorn should be overloading your CPU unless something is failing; I would look at your supervisord.log and search for any WARN or CRIT that may be generating. Just FYI, 18.04 isn't actually supported, 16.04 is. You can make it work, but it isn't actively tested. 

Installation of MineMeld has largely switched to the docker image, and that's the most direct and easiest run of running it yourself. There used to be an OVA that was published, but that was based on 14.04. 

I will do a setup again with 16.04 to see if this works, but it would be great if you could do your testing with newer version faster and also support versions normally used by companies (RHEL).

Brgds Andreas

I did the setup now with docker and you were right - it is very easy and works instantly!

One last question - would this also run on Windows Server 2019 with docker?

Brgds Andreas

@Deas.h,

Yes. The benefit of docker containers is that it doesn't matter what platform you are running them on. 

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!