Historical report on QoS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Historical report on QoS

L3 Networker

Hi All,

What methods are people using to show history reports for QoS?

Are these metrics held in file/memory etc, so that they can be feed out via syslog etc into a system, so that a historical view can

be created of QoS information?

I'd like to build this into PoC's, not just be able to show them during real-time, but over the period the PoC was running.

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We don't support it currently. You can use some third party tool to try to build one by the syslog but this won't be very accurate as we only show the total byte gathered when the session end in the syslog.

So where are the counters stored that are used to build the QoS statistics window?

Are these stored in memory only, or maintained in a file thats constantly updated, which in turn builds the visual displayed?

I know its not in the product, but the stats are there somewhere, else you wouldn't be able to display the information.

What I want is to be able to pull that data out, or PAN creates a visual report to display it for me.

Perhaps you can use snmp to monitor interface statistics with Cacti? This will at least get you started.  Unfortunately I have not configured monitoring for Session statistics as of yet.

Here's the link for the Palo Alto Networks MIB file.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1722

Hello, maybe this can be usefull to create a script and templates for cacti.

The only think I noticed is that i supposed to see all class (class1-8) and not only some of them

Palo alto can maybe help in this issue ...

helenio@giacometti-1(active)> show qos interface ethernet1/3 throughput 0

QoS throughput for interface ethernet1/3, node default-group (Qid 0):
class 2:    16418 kbps
class 3:     2893 kbps
class 4:      101 kbps
class 5:     3493 kbps
class 6:      471 kbps
class 7:      158 kbps

what do you think about ?

Has anyone found if this information is stored somewhere for display and if there is a way to pull the data to be charted for historical purposes?  TAC stated there is a feature request for this, but I dont believe it has been selected as of yet.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!