How bit torrent works ? PAN OS 4.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How bit torrent works ? PAN OS 4.1

L3 Networker

Hi guys ,

I want to know how bit torrent works.....

First of all , i have a policy that block all trafic by bit torrent.

I did other policy to allow some users to use bit torrent. But don`t works this policy.

I read this https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2391  but i don`t understand so good.

So somebody know what i need to do ?

Best regards.

Thiago Lima.     

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi Thiago,

Irrespective of how bit-torrent works, I would like to know how your policy set looks like.

Correct me if I am wrong. You have two policies on your devices

1) Deny Bit-torrent trafci for all users

2) Allow Bit torrent traffic for specific users.

What is the order of the policy?

I am sure you would be having the policy to allow bittorent for specific users on Top of the deny rule.

What  do the sessions look like? See the rule it is hitting and other details.

You can check via the following command:-

admin@Lab-55_PA> show session all filter source 192.168.10.10 application bittorrent

Regards,

Parth

My rules are on this

1) allow specific users

2)deny All users

Sent from my iPhone.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!