How can I change the language of GlobalProtect agent?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How can I change the language of GlobalProtect agent?

L1 Bithead

Dear all,

GlobalProtect agent will select it's language automatically after version 2.0.0, sometimes customer want to use the specific language, e.g. English, how can I do? If anyone know that, please share me your experience, many thanks,

Sample.

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

Did we have the option to select a language during the install prior to that version? I am unsure.

EDIT:

According to technical specifications, we support Spanish, French, German, Chinese and Japanese. Change the language settings on the computer's OS and then logout/login. The client will show us the selected language.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I am looking into this.

L4 Transporter

Sample,

I have confirmed that if we change the OS language, GlobalProtect will also reflect the selected language.

In Windows 7, we can choose another display language under control panel. This is found under 'Change Display Language'.

If you select one of the support languages, you can apply the change, logout/login and GlobalProtect client will also reflect this change.

mivaldi mentioned that this also worked for Mac OSX.

Edit:

Please see my first reply for the list of supported languages. I also want to add that language packs for Windows 7 are included in specific system updates. If you do not have these updates, then the other language packs may not be available.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-or-change-a-display-language

There will be a document coming out for this shortly.

Thanks!

L7 Applicator

I've written KB Changing GlobalProtect Client Language

It's currently under review, and will be published once it's approved.

Hi, thanks for your kindly share, it's a nice workaround.

Hi mivaldi,

I cannot open your link because my account's permission is not match, I don't know why.

Thanks,

Sample

You won't be able to open the link until the review process is complete and the document is published. It will take up to a week. It will eventually become available. There isn't more information than what mmmccorkle already shared for Windows. I also cover how to change language on all other supported GlobalProtect platforms.

Got it, thanks so much. Smiley Happy

You're very welcome Smiley Happy

If you consider answers helpful or find an answer correct, please mark it that way.

Have a happy new year !

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!