How do I create a 2GB aggregate interface on PA-2050, not HA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do I create a 2GB aggregate interface on PA-2050, not HA

Not applicable

All,

I have a client that wants to aggregate two sets of interfaces in vwire on a PA-2050 to create a 2GB etherchannel.  Is this possible?  If so, can someone tell me which document contains the steps to create this?

Thanks!

ejm

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

If you're using v-wires, the best way to do this is to setup the devices on either side of the firewall to do the link-aggregation.  See this document:

-

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

If you're using v-wires, the best way to do this is to setup the devices on either side of the firewall to do the link-aggregation.  See this document:

-

J, Thanks!

According to release notes for PANOS 5.0:

Link Aggregation – The PA-500 and PA-2000 Series devices now support link

aggregation. Note that link aggregation on virtual wire interfaces is not supported on the

PA-2000 Series due to a hardware limitation. By assigning common ingress and common

egress zones, two or more virtual wires may still be used on the PA-2000 Series in

environments where adjacent devices are performing link aggregation.

Which means:

1) Setup 2 zones (internal and external or whatever you choose to call it).

2) Enable VWire so int1+2 is internal and int3+4 is external (or whatever combo you like) - that is VWire1 is int1+3 (internal/external) and VWire2 is int2+4 (internal/external).

3) On the devices before/after the PA box setup etherchannel and connect this through the PA device (that is for example int1+2 on device1 will form etherchannel with int1+2 on device2 - then connect device1_int1 to PA_int1, device1_int2 to PA_int2, device2_int1 to PA_int3, device2_int2 to PA_int4 (or whatever interfaces you setup for this)).

4) Dont forget to configure which VLANs you allow through this VWIRE.

This way the PA will not be part of the linkaggregation itself but more like if you would connect a hub between device1 and device2 interfaces (that is one hub for deviceX_int1 and another hub for deviceX_int2).

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!