How do I make a feature request for GlobalProtect?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do I make a feature request for GlobalProtect?

L1 Bithead

I'd love it if the last Gateway I used was the default on my list instead of Best Available.  Or if this was an option that I can turn on.  

If I am on a different network, perhaps it makes sense to default to Best Available, but it never picks the best available for me.  I live close to one of our offices and work out of one that is slightly farther away, but need access to things I can only access from where I work.

So how do I request such a feature?

12 REPLIES 12

L1 Bithead

Or even put my most frequent choice at the top of the list.  It's scroling down that list all the way to the bottom that is so annoying.

Hi @calasyr 

Reach out to your SE to have her/him create a feature request.

Regards,

Remo

I have no idea what an SE is or how to reach out to him/her.

Support engineer?  How does one find an SE?

SE = Sales Engineer

In this case I think you need to ask the responsible firewall administrators in your company as they should know the PaloAlto SEs.

Thanks.

L7 Applicator

You could creat a portal config for yourself, add the same gateways but have your preferred as high or highest priority then the other/others as low or lowest.

That sounds interesting.  Thanks.

But from what I've googled, it seems like a complicated process.  Not even sure if I have the right document.

Does anyone know if there is a straightforward, less than 18 step process that works on a Mac somewhere on the web?

on the firewall just clone your existing portal/agent/config.

move the new config to the top, add your name in user/group section and set your own gateway priority.

My ipad will allways connect to A1-4, unless it returns no SSL handshake, then it will connect to A1-5

works well on IPad IOs so should be OK on a Mac.

client-config.png

The Mac version of the software, at least in our organization, doesn't seem to have a way to clone anything in the firewall, assuming this is even what you're referring to.  Looks like you have some additional installed.

firwall.png

@calasyr , sorry for the confusion.

you need to administer the firewall portal. This is where you set your globalprotect connection preferences, this is then pushed to your device on authentication.

Administer the firewall portal.  Hmmm....  I wonder what that means.  🙂

Not a network admin here.  Just a guy using the VPN.

Thanks, anyway.

• 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!