How does an end-user collect logs from GlobalProtect agent when the advanced view is disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How does an end-user collect logs from GlobalProtect agent when the advanced view is disabled

L2 Linker

I want to collect log files from a GlobalProtect agent 4.1.2 but our gateway policy is set to disable the admin view.

By doing this, the user can't colelct any log files anymore.

Is there another way to collect logs ?

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

by default the logfiles are located in the install file.

c:\program files\palo alto networks\globalprotect

if you need the pangpa.log then this will be in %homepath%\appdata\local\globalprotect

Thank you for the response.

These file are usefull indeed, but PA support useally needs the zip file for investigation 🙂

I just wonder if it's possible to only enable the collect logs option in the GlobalProtect agent or if it's possible to genererate the log files using a command 

sorry can't answer that one but could you tell me where the setting is to restrict admin view on GP settings.

On the Palo Alto firewall go to Network/Global Protect/Portal

On the portal config, select the Agent section and open the configured agent 

In the configs select the APP section and there is an option to either enable or disable the advanced view

Capture.JPG

thanks for that, i feel a bit stupid as i was looking for the setting "Admin View".

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!