How export a specific log files from Palo Alto or Panorama like for example brdagent.log ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How export a specific log files from Palo Alto or Panorama like for example brdagent.log ?

L6 Presenter

Hello to All,

How can for example the log fil brdagent.log be exported for checking physical issues like in article https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PNcBCAW&lang=en_US%E2%80%A...   or is there a way export all the logs (dp/mp/cp) ? Also should we first aggregate the logs on a firewall model 7000 before exporting the logs?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@nikoolayy1,

You can actually use SCP or TFTP to do this through the following commands if you don't want to just take a copy of the tech support file and extract it from there. To the best of my knowledge, you can't export just a single log file, but I could be wrong on that. 

scp export log-file management-plane remote-port <port> source-ip <firewall-source-ip> to <username@host:path>

Or you could transfer via TFTP using essentially the same command:

tftp export log-file management-plane remote-port <port> source-ip <firewall-source-ip> to <host>

Thanks for the fast reply.

If the brdagent.log is in an other plane like dp data plane for example on 7000 model, I need aggregate the logs or export all the data plane logs for a specific slot? For example how to export the data plane logs for slot/blade 2 if an interface on slot/blade 2 has issues?

I also forgot to mention if the issue is with an HA link the brdagent.log that is needed is probably in the control plane (CP)  as those models have separate control plane for HA?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!