How to copy from just the right side of the Preview Changes diff window?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to copy from just the right side of the Preview Changes diff window?

L3 Networker

In PAN 6.1 if I go to Commit and click Preview Changes - I have the old on the left and the new 

on the right. The problem is that I want to copy the text from the right side of that screen 

and not the left. Is there any handy trick that would allow me to do that? I tried the alt key, 

the ctrl key nothing works. It would be super helpful for creating my change control documents

if I didn't have to spend a lot of time clearing out the old config from that paste operation. 

Any sage advice??

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You can select all on this page, paste it into Excel and remove columns you don't need.

There is also cli command that aggregates what was added and what was removed.

> show config diff

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

L7 Applicator

You can also just view (and export if you want) the config logs. 

Monitor > Logs section > Configuration.

Each change is documented, and it contains what was edited before commit too in case you want to see what each edit was.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!