How to enforce GlobalProtect Connection for Network Access on iPhone with GP 5.0 App

Announcements

ATTENTION Customers, All Partners and Employees: The Customer Support Portal (CSP) will be undergoing maintenance and unavailable on Saturday, November 7, 2020, from 11 am to 11 pm PST. Please read our blog for more information.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

@MickBall 

Not a problem.  As Always, your replies are very helpful!   So yours, if turned on, are always VPN'd in.   I'm starting to wonder if you don't use the tunnel, if user-id actually works on an iOS device.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I tried to do this without an internal gateway and we ran into problems with "enforce global protect for network access" and the tunnel not being established.  We ended up doing an internal gateway and you're right, it doesn't identify the users.  iPads are kinda terrible at being identified.  We are doing the identification over radius through our NAC.  We are sending the user info along after a successful authentication.  

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

@brianjreed 

Just so I can confirm,

So you did try this internal only, without a tunnel, using Global protect on Ipads, manually signed into the GP agent, and it didn't identify the user that was signed in like you would expect it to?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!