How to generate GlobalProtect VPN Reports

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to generate GlobalProtect VPN Reports

L2 Linker

Is there any way to provide reporting for GlobalProtect remote access VPN. Like for example I want a report of users who have connected in the past week, etc. How do i generate those reports?

20 REPLIES 20

@bhakti1213,

To that best of my knowledge that information is not tracked historically in a format that you could easy include in a report. You could script something so that you have that information handy when needed, but that's about as good as you'll get with that one. 

ok but this report will show the users logged in at a specific hour so maybe I could filter that in excel. But thanks for the help greatly appericate it and your modified query is ( datasource eq vpn-client ) this one right?

@bhakti1213,

Correct. 

L7 Applicator

@bhakti1213

If you are already using some sort of snmp monitoring software, then you may be able to gather the required information there. Paloalto has an snmp OID for concurrent global protect connections. Obviously not as simple as generate a report in the UI, but may be this is a doable alternative for you. (If needed there is a lot of good and also free software out there to do this)

As already mentionned by @BPry, you could script this ... a script that pulls the system logs and then analyzes these logs. Start with a concurrent session number of 0 and with every successful login log you increase the number and save it along with a timestamp to a file. The same of course also with logout logs where you decrease the number. In the end you have a file with a lot of timestamps and the number of concurrent global protect connections which you could nicely import to excel and greate a graph with that to visualize the concurrent connections.

L7 Applicator

About that what I wrote about the script ... the dame is also possible in excel when you export sll the login and logout events.

Is there any other reports that I can generate for GlobalProtect that will be beneficial to me asides from the user logged on?

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!