How to host on a dynamic ip?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to host on a dynamic ip?

L0 Member

hello,

i have attempted to create a rule that will allow me to host a SSLVPN device on my DMZ but the only way I was able to connect is to place the external IP (static) in the rule. The problem is that i rely on a dynamic ip system and it will change.. is my thinking this is all wrong and is there a better way to accomplish this?

9-1-2015 2-50-37 PM.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello Dummel,

You can always use a dynamic DNS service in order to get this working, that way you have a dns record that points to your IP address and have a piece of software that updates the name server whenever your address changes. There are a few paid services out but there are free ones as well, such as duckdns. 

hope this helps,

Ben

L5 Sessionator

Hi Dummel,

welcome to the community.

I am not sure how does it not allow you to connect unless you specify destination IP, that does not sound right... Do you have destination NAT for that SSLVPN server in DMZ or is it routed to public IP in the DMZ... and if you are translating - is it to something other than 443? Is it one of FIOS rules that covers access to SSLVPN server from untrust to DMZ? Because I can't see other security policy allowing from Untrust to DMZ, and if clients are coming from untrust and are trying to reach DMZ than... can you please elaborate?

Regards

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!