How to identify specific object usage ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to identify specific object usage ?

L3 Networker

Hello,

Is there a way to easily find out where a specific object is used in the policies ?

I know that I can use the filter filed in the policy tab (by using "drag and drop" or filter drop-down menu). However, when using group objects for multiples addresses, users or services, we cannot use this filter feature anymore. Indeed, even when specifing the particular object in the filter field, it is not filtered since this is the GROUP that is in use, ans not the particular object ?

So my question is:

Assume there is a address group Group_1 used in a policy, that contains multiple addresses objects Address_1, Address_2 and Address_3.

Is there a quick way to find out what policy applies to Address_2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Laurent

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Hello Laurent,

You may have run into a feature request that you need to file with your SE.  I tried this in our lab enviornment on a 3.x PA and a 4.x PA and it does not work.

Hello,

Just to let you know that I have raised a FR to my SE, so wait and see...

Laurent

L3 Networker

>>> Assume there is a address group Group_1 used in a policy, that contains multiple addresses

>>> objects Address_1,Address_2 and Address_3.

>>> Is there a quick way to find out what policy applies to Address_2 ?

We are also searching for a possibility to do this.

If you manage large policies this is absolutely a MUST HAVE.

Not applicable

Did anyone find a way to do this, has this feature been added?

Thanks.

I will add my vote to this.  Large policy, need to be able to find where objects are used at.

L6 Presenter

Laurent...One method that I use is to remove the object and see the warning message.  To find Address_2, you can delete it from the Object tab, confirm the deletion, and the system will provide warnings where the object is in used.  The warnings should list all policies where the object is found.

Thanks.

Well, I've never seen such workaround in my whole life! But it may help indeed, thanks Smiley Wink

Laurent

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!