How to limit youtube usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to limit youtube usage

L4 Transporter

We are using PA-3050 and would like to know how to limit Youtube usage to a certain Active Directory group (students) to 200mb per day.

Please outline the steps.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FarzanaMustafa,

The firewall isn't actually capable of doing this at the moment natively, but I believe a feature request that you could reach out to your SE and have them add your vote to.

You can do this through extensive scripting and use of the API, but you are essentially just using information gathered from the firewall to update the firewall in an automated nature. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FarzanaMustafa,

The firewall isn't actually capable of doing this at the moment natively, but I believe a feature request that you could reach out to your SE and have them add your vote to.

You can do this through extensive scripting and use of the API, but you are essentially just using information gathered from the firewall to update the firewall in an automated nature. 

Hello,

Another option could be to use QoS to limit the bandwidth used by that application so it becomes unbearable so students wont use it?

Just a thought.

L1 Bithead

I know Demisto can limit it. But, unsure if there is a feature in the firewall.

@Sailesh_Aryal,

Demisto as in Palo's SOAR software? I'd be rather interested to see any playbooks that would actually do this from Demisto if you know of any examples that are published anywhere; while its certainly possible someone took the time to build one out, Demisto isn't really meant for anything like this.  

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!