How to migrate from a PA-7050 to a PA-5250

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to migrate from a PA-7050 to a PA-5250

L2 Linker

Hello,

I'm looking for information on how to migrate from a PA-7050 to a PA-5250.  Is there any best practice documentation on how to make this transition?  I am looking for the steps to migrate.  I have migrated PA-500's to PA-820's, but haven't done the larger machine migrations yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Have looked at this article?

Basically you have to edit the XML config file on the old firewall (replace interface names) and seperatlly load the SSL certficates as they are not in XML config file.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClTcCAK

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

While I would simply modify the XML file directly, and find that generally the easiest way to do these migrations, I'm also aware that not everyone is comfortable working in the XML file. You can actually use the Expedition tool to do this migration without any issues if you want a GUI method.

Just as a reminder as well, since you're doing a migration anyways, take the time to go through and make sure you don't have any unneeded crud in your configuration. Rulebase entries that may not actually be needed anymore, or objects that aren't actively being utilized. Migrations are a great time to handle configuration cleanup.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!