how to remove a custom url category from url filtering profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

how to remove a custom url category from url filtering profile

Not applicable

HI,

how can i remove a custom url category from url filtering profile. it seems that by default, any custom url you create will be listed in the url filtering profile in an alphabetic order.

if i have created specific custom urls for different ad groups, but the traffic matches the first possible custom url, and hence you cannot even block a custom url, as anything common amongst them will be denied.

Cheers

Bhav

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi Bhav,

I think the only way to remove a custom-url-category from a url-filtering-profile is to remove it altogether.  (See below)

If I'm understanding your situation correctly then in addition to creating a custom-url-category for each AD group you also need to create a common custom-url-category for the sites you want to allow for all AD groups.  This can then be set to allow in each of your AD group specific url-filtering-profiles.

Removing custom-url-category

First of all, issue the command:

delete profiles custom-url-category yoururlcategory

This will probably fail but will list the url-filtering-profiles the custom-url-category is used in.

Once you know this, make a note of the action (block, alert etc) against the custom-url-category in each url-filtering-profile then run the folowing command for each url-filtering-profile

delete profiles url-filtering yoururlfilteringprofile youraction yoururlcategory

Then issue the delete command again

For example

delete profile url-filtering normal-users alert workrelatedsites

delete profile url-filtering super-users allow workrelatedsites

delete profile custom-url-category workrelatedsites

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dave

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hi Bhav,

I think the only way to remove a custom-url-category from a url-filtering-profile is to remove it altogether.  (See below)

If I'm understanding your situation correctly then in addition to creating a custom-url-category for each AD group you also need to create a common custom-url-category for the sites you want to allow for all AD groups.  This can then be set to allow in each of your AD group specific url-filtering-profiles.

Removing custom-url-category

First of all, issue the command:

This will probably fail but will list the url-filtering-profiles the custom-url-category is used in.

Once you know this, make a note of the action (block, alert etc) against the custom-url-category in each url-filtering-profile then run the folowing command for each url-filtering-profile

delete profiles url-filtering yoururlfilteringprofile youraction yoururlcategory

Then issue the delete command again

For example

delete profile url-filtering normal-users alert workrelatedsites

delete profile url-filtering super-users allow workrelatedsites

delete profile custom-url-category workrelatedsites

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dave

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!