How to return to panorama template after override enabled on firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to return to panorama template after override enabled on firewall

L2 Linker

Someone override a Template config section on firewall. What's the best strategy to remove override and go back to panorama pushed config...

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@josggf,

In this case, you need to revert configuration by selecting the overridden configuration so overridden object  will revert back to its inherited values. This way manually you can revert configuration one-by-one.

Also there is one more setting under Panorama, i.e.  Panorama > Setup > Management --> Panorama Settings --> Objects defined in ancestors will take higher precedence.

This is disabled by default. This setting will replace all objects overrides across Panorama with the values inherited from the shared location or ancestor device group.

Select this option (disabled by default) to specify that the object values in ancestor groups take precedence over those in descendant groups when device groups at different levels in the hierarchy have objects of the same type and name but with different values. This means that when you perform a device group commit, the ancestor values replace any override values. Likewise, this option causes the value of a shared object to override the values of objects of the same type and name in device groups.

Personally i never used this option ever but yes i had followed first way to revert configuration manually.

Hope it helps!

Mayur

M

L2 Linker

I had also performed it manually in our environment and post doing it, everything was normal.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!