How to store output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to store output

L2 Linker

Hello Team,

I have one txt file in my window machine in which there are 1000 urls example.

test.abc.com

test.ftp1.com

so if i type this cmd in putty "test.url test.abc.com" i got some output.

Please let me know is there any way to save the output of all these 1000 urls like in linux we can use > root/Desktop/test.txt to save the output

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dmodi,

Can you explain what you are looking for in a bit more detail. 

L3 Networker

Putty can save screen output to a file. Look in sessions, then logging under that.

Just another I.T. Guy

Yes that we can do but that is putty feature there any other way

So if we type test url www.facebook.com in putty we got below output

www.facebook.com social-networking (Base db) expires in 0 seconds
www.facebook.com social-networking (Cloud db)

so now i want to store this output only output at my machine desktop with test.txt name

Like in linux machine if we type any command and if we use > root/Desktop/test.txt it will save the output in test.txt file

@dmodi I have a Windows10 system and opened a CMD window, typed "dir > list.txt" and it dumped the output of dir into that file... from there you can view whats in the file in your favorite text editor or type "type list.txt" and it showed me what was in the file...

By the way, if you use ">>" then it will append whatever you want to that existing file... for example, typing "dir >> list.txt" will append another directory listing to the end of list.txt.

This is very similar to *NIX commands albeit far less options... hth!

admin@PA-VM> test url facebook.com > test.txt

Invalid syntax.
'admin@PA-VM> '

I took putty session of my firewall and tried that command but not working so is there any way to use that command "test url facebook.com > test.txt"  in putty session of firewall

@dmodi,

Putty will be writing all output to the text file you specified, there is no reason to include '> test.txt' in that command on the firewall, the firewall has absolutely no idea what to do with it. 

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!