I'm unable to use Remote desktop from internet to PC in Trust zone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I'm unable to use Remote desktop from internet to PC in Trust zone

L2 Linker

Hello all,

I wanna Remote desktop from my PC in home to PC in my company but not success

This is my connection diagram

Untitled Diagram (1).jpg

I wanna remote to PC 10.126.123.132 (belong to VLAN 123, I use several VLANs in Core switch) but not success, NAT seems not to work, there's no traffic logs

This is my config..

Virtual router config.Virtual router config.

Security rulesSecurity rules

NAT ruleNAT rule

I can remote from internet to a server in DMZ zone successfully but L3_Trust zone, so I think because of using VLAN in core switch, it requires some other config.. Please help me 🙂

P/S: The public IP in the pictures is just an example IP 

32 REPLIES 32

One more think - If you don't see logs for your attempts, please check if you have enabled log for default Intra and Inter zone security policy? If traffic doesn't match any explicit rule is probably being dropped by the default zone rules, and by default they are not logging.

another you can check is  run test security-policy-match <fill in the rest> under the CLI

L3 Networker

the reason there is no session on the firewall because i think it dropping the packet due to security rule . You can confirm this by creating a deny alll rule at the bottom and see if your traffic hits this rule.

The service object rdp that you have created, make sure you just put 3389 in destination port and leave the source port as blank and the protocol is tcp.

If this still does not work, open the rule to allow any service. For security just mention your public ip as source.

Check if you are still hitting the same rule or the default deny.

Yes, I use a "Deny all" rule, I'm sure RDP service is correct with 3389 port 'cause I'm using it to remote to a server in DMZ zone. I create rule with permit access from my PC in internet to any zone and any address in internal network. But it's still not working and there's no any log except ping or telnet (but ping and telnet is not success and destination address is not NATed)

It seems hard to connect directly from internet to L3_trurst zone, so I'll use Globalprotect to setup VPN client to site.

Hi,

I am having the same issue exaclty you facing now, All the while is working fine, The issue is onli happen i update the PA to 8.0.5, Are you using the same OS version.

Thanks

I'm using 6.1.16, I think it's not relate to PAN-OS version

Hmm..I still in the mide to troubleshoot on this issue, As this issue happen out of sudden,I try capture log from my Public IP, But packet is not reaching to FW

Can you create a ticket support in customer support page? I tried but in step 3, there's no checkbox to select device

Hi,

To open case with PAN Tac, I think you need to engage with your local ASC tReam assist you to create the support ticket.

Thanks

@Hongson,

Do you have an active support contract on your device? 

L1 Bithead

Hi Hongson -- Think you're looking for a U turn NAT.  Since I don't know your network configuration. 

Please see this article: 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/How-to-Configure-U-Turn-NAT/ta-p/61889

Or contact PAN-TAC.  Hope that works for you. 

@BPryI got 1 year support contract

Thank you guys, I've setup Globalprotect to establish VPN to my PC in workplace, it's pretty cool 🙂

I just found out my root issue that cause my incoming nat is not working, The reason been block is due to my dos policy, After disable the dos policy, It was working fine

Holy sh***!! Yes, you're right, I'm using Dos protection too and forgot about it :))

Try to chnage the action on your dos policy from deny to protect

Yes, you're right, I got this problem once time before, when setup remote from the internet to DMZ, I also fixed it by changed the Dos protection action from deny to protect. But after along time, I completly forgot about Dos protection

• 32 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!