if panorama occurred network loss of network connection?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

if panorama occurred network loss of network connection?

L3 Networker

hello there.

I'd like to know what happen, if network disconnected between panorama and PAN mgmt network.

if panorama network has a disconnect with problem of NIC, PAN device won't send logs to panorama.

but i'd like to send logs without loss of logs from PAN device to panorama even though panorama network disconnected at that time.

How can PNA device send all of the logs without loss of logs?

is it possible to caching to protect loss of logs at the PAN device?

if it is impossible to cache or other ways to protection logs, does it will be losing the logs during disconnected of network between a panorama and PAN device?

Please explain me how can protect loss of logs by  what kind of algorithms.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Panorama will buffer the logs if there is loss of connectivity to a device. I believe buffered log forwarding from device is enabled by default.

Log buffering was introduced in the 4.0 release of PAN-OS. Prior to 4.0 logs were not buffered. If a log forwarding window was unsuccessful the logs would not be forwarded to Panorama during any subsequent log forwarding window.

Therefore you need your devices and Panorama to be running PAN-OS 4.0 or later on your systems.

thank you,

Benjamin

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!