Ignore all Computers from xmlapi mappings

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ignore all Computers from xmlapi mappings

L2 Linker

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to intergrate clearpass with Palo alto using xlampi, all was going well however i struck a problem

In clearpass i have two types of users that are autheticating, domain joined machines (which authenticate using "compute authentication" and i also have byod users that authenticate using user based ad authetication.

so when a byod users authenticates with his ad credentials against clear pass and this is passed through to Palo alto all is good .  Ihave a xlampi mapping of user and IP.

However when a user authenticates against Clearpass as a domain machine ,I now have a xmlapi mapping of ip and computer name . and considering my palo alto policies are user based policies user cant get internet.

I do have uia in play which works well for domain machines, but i have the problem when both are in play sometimes the xmlapi mapping from clearpass overides the uia mapping.

Hope that makes sense

Kind Regards

Paul

My thought was to set a ignore list  as all computers that get authenticated via xmlapi appear domain\computername$

show user ip-user-mapping all | match $

it returns 1026 results so using set vsys vsys1 user-id-collector ignore-user domain\*$    ?

however this brings all users back will ignore 1026

and thats were i am stuck.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Can you change the script which sends user info from Clearpass to PA? That would be the best point where to filter which info is sent.

L1 Bithead

Do you have the following set?

CPPM > Administration > External Servers > Endpoint Context Servers > (Your PANs) > Username Transformation = Prefix NETBIOS name

I have users connecting with Computer Authentication and they show up as:

(domain)/(computer host name)$ 

example:  abc/my-host$

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!