Ignore_user_list

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ignore_user_list

L3 Networker

Hello,

I'm using PAN Agent 3.1.2 on WIN2008 server and somethimes after restart the Ignore_user_list seams to be ignored )user on the lista are still identified by the PAN firewall).

Does someone had this problem ? there is way to have an alert or log in case of this problem ?

Can we debug PAN agent to see if the ignore_user_list is not loaded ?

There is maximum numner of user that can be on this ?

Thanks' ..

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

Hi...Can you provide a sample of the list that you're using please.

ignore_user_list.txt

user1

User2

user3

I'm using uppcase and lowercase, does this can effect the function ?

How many user can we define in this list ? I have 117 user defined.

I suggest entering the usernames as they appear in the traffic/threat logs because that's how we learn them from AD.  That should cut down on the number of entries in the list.  I don't think there's a limit on how many names are in the list but I'll do some research.  Thanks.

I did a rebbot of the server and seams that now it works.

I would be better to have log to debug this kind of situation. I didn't find any alerts.

Each time you update the file you must restart the service for the new entries to take effect.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!