Indicated Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Indicated Firewall

Not applicable

I want to know wich Palo Alto model is the indicated for used in a company with 10,000 users filtered.

We want filtered, url, antivirus, spyware and vulnerability. The installation firewall is in level 3.

Regards.

Hugo

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi Hugo,

It would probably behoove you to contact Sales and/or your Sales SE as they might shed more light on capacity and features based on your environment. However, here's a previously posted link on Platform specs/matrix.

http://media.paloaltonetworks.com/documents/Summary_Specsheet-Nov12.pdf

I would agree with rkalugdan to review the pdf file If 10k users were using just 1Mb of bandwidth (average) that would be 10Gbps which is a PA5060, assuming AppID and Threat Prevention were enabled on the FW.

Not applicable

Thank you rkalugdan and scantwell, I will review the document.

Regards.

Hugo

Even if not all 10.000 employees would browse at the exact same moment the thing to watch out for is the SSL-capabilities (which if you ask me is a must nowadays).

If you just look at the bandwidth (assuming 1Gbps uplink) a PA-3050 or even 3020 "should" be enough - but if you can afford a PA-5060 then why not 🙂

Specially when the difference regarding concurrent SSL sessions are:

(SSL decrypt sessions)

PA-5060: 90.000

PA-5050: 45.000

PA-5020: 15.000

PA-3050: 15.360

PA-3020: 7.936

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!