Installing Intermediate Root CA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Installing Intermediate Root CA?

L4 Transporter

I'm in the process of purchasing a Wildcard SSL cert and I want to install it on the PAN for a mixture of things such as:

The management interface.

The URL Override SSL certificate.

As a reverse proxy certificate.

This is the one I'm planning on getting:

http://www.alphassl.com/support/install-root-certificate.html

How do I install the intermediate CA though?

Thanks in advance.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Yes, the Wildcard SSL cert will work for these 3 options. The override page will still get a cert warning because the URL will not match the common name of the cert.

You will need to open the server certificate and the intermediate certificate in notepad and paste all of the text from from the internediate certificate to the bottom of the server certificate. Then you would import this new certificate into the appropriate certificate location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Yes, the Wildcard SSL cert will work for these 3 options. The override page will still get a cert warning because the URL will not match the common name of the cert.

You will need to open the server certificate and the intermediate certificate in notepad and paste all of the text from from the internediate certificate to the bottom of the server certificate. Then you would import this new certificate into the appropriate certificate location.

Perfect, thanks for that.  Interestingly whilst playing around it seemed to work just fine without pasting the Intermediate cert under the actual cert, which confused me a little.

In the end I added the intermediate just to be sure, but if anyone know why that would be the case I'd be interested to know as I thought you had to install the intermediate?

Some certs do come bundled with the intermediate certificate.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!