Invalid portal error in GlobalProtect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Invalid portal error in GlobalProtect

L1 Bithead

have the GP 4.1 client installed on a computer with Windows 10 Enterprise v2004 64bit, which when wanting to connect to the company portal, marks me as invalid portal, everything related that I have found on the network has already been reviewed but without exical.

The curious thing that this computer worked well with a Windows 7 32bit, the problem is that it stopped working and began to mark a certificate error that is why it proceeded to install 10, it no longer marks a certificate error but I have the problem with it portal, curiously when I open the portal in the internet browser and download the GP, it asks me to authenticate myself, I support myself and under the client without problem.

Then I no longer understood what is happening because it marks me now an invalid portal, please help me, now with this contingency I need to work from home and because of this error I cannot, I will really thank you for possible solutions, I thank you in advance for your attention.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Sergio_Gonzalez,

Contact your IT department. It sounds like they may have let the portal certificate expire. 

@BPry my certificate is valid

Sergio_Gonzalez_0-1598297501528.png

Send image above, to validate that the certificate is correct.

But I have a comment about it and I hope that Paloalto Networks experts can verify, computers with windows 10 v2004 installations either installed from scratch or updated from previous versions 1909, example, mark the invalid portal error, this means that some windows update v2004 is hitting the client.

The test was that I installed windows 10 v1909 from scratch and installed everything so that my VPN would work and everything worked correctly, once the Globalprotect is working and installed it is updated to the 2004 version and there is no longer any problem.

The detail that is in windows 10 v2004 installed from scratch or updated before the Globalprotect client that does not work correctly, I hope that the corresponding personnel to give a solution investigate and of a solution in this regard.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!