IPSEC VPN Help?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSEC VPN Help?

L4 Transporter

I have a PA-500 at our main office.

We have a smaller site that currently we have a point to point circuit to, however we may not renew the contract on this, and instead put in a cheaper but faster internet leased line, the idea being to link the two sites through a VPN tunnel.

The other site is too small to justify another PA-500, and I think "Plan A" would be to tunnel all traffic back through the main site.

My question is how simple IPSEC VPN is to configure with a non Palo Alto box at one end, and if it makes any difference what box is at the other end so long as it supports IPSEC VPN - is there anything that the Palo Alto doesn't get on with?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

The paloalto device should work fine with any other ipsec vpn device as long as they adhere to the rfc.

thanks,

Stephen

L4 Transporter

Most of the times, smaller devices use policy based IPSec VPN. In that case , make sure to configure proxy-ids on the PA side, since PA devices support only route based VPNs.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!