IPSEC VPN Phase 2 issue-Peer Checkpoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSEC VPN Phase 2 issue-Peer Checkpoint

L4 Transporter

I have 15 proxy-ids in the  vpn tunnel whose peer is checkpoint firewall. Just one out of 15 usually remains really busy and lot of traffic get encap/decap on it. Remote users accessing resources within other 14 proxy-ids have absolutely no issues but they occasionally loose connectivity to those that are in the busiest proxy id and it recovers back automatically after 45-60mins.

My VPN settings are as below:

Phase 2: No PFS, No lifesize , Lifetime:1hr

Phase 1: Group 5, Lefiteime:24hrs

I started to assume it's because the bytes inside the proxy id is reaching the max limit and fails until a phase 2 rekey(1hr) happens. can someone let me know if I'm right in my assumption?

if it's so, I can think of 2 solutions:

1.enforce lisize settings to say 1000MB so tunnel rekeys automatically.

2. bifurcate the local network (/24) in the proxy id into smaller chunks( two /25s) .

Pls validate.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

Before making any other changes, i would recommend you to cross verify encryption domains at both ends and check if it matches. Make sure strictly same encryption domains are configured at both ends. Checkpoint is very naughty device in such cases.

Mayur

M

yes, they match on both ends.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!